When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
1. “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
3. “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
4. When you make an enquiry through the website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and phone number. We refer to this are ‘Enquiry Information’.
How do we use you personal information:
We use the Enquiry Information that we collect generally to get in contact with you.
- Communicate with you
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our visitors browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information:
We do not share your with third parties unless specified otherwise. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website.
We may also share your Personally Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you but with your prior permission.
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an enquire through the ChatAbout website, we will maintain your Enquiry Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Changes to policy:
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org